Did you take our survey yet?
Search any of our unique data collections listed below.
3D Mesoamerican Imaging Database This database project is conducted in collaboration with the University of South Florida's Alliance for Integrated Spatial Technologies (AIST) and the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies, Inc. (FAMSI). The continuing effort makes extremely high definition, three-dimensional laser scans and the visualization of scan data of Mesoamerican objects available to researchers.
- Bibliografía Mesoamericana Database The Bibliografía Mesoamericana, a joint project between the Museum Library of the University of Pennsylvania and the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies, Inc. (FAMSI), provides a comprehensive and continually updated bibliographic dataset of the published literature pertaining to the anthropology of Mesoamerica.
- Catalogue of Zapotec Effigy Vessels a versatile tool designed to present the most up to date information on the urns in a way that is inter-relational and easy to access. This on-line catalogue of artifacts is a dynamic entity, one that can be constantly updated, corrected and added to as new information comes forth.
- Kerr Portfolio Database a photograph collection of artifacts and sites from the ancient Americas.
- Maya Vase Archive Database an archive of rollout and still photographs of vases, plates, and bowls, from the various cultures of Mesoamerica. The objects pictured are from archaeological sites, museums, and collections throughout the United States, Canada, and Europe, photographed by
- Maya Who's Who a resource for those interested in finding out about the lives of Classic Maya individuals whose names have survived in Maya inscriptions.
- Montgomery Drawings Collection Database a database of John Montgomery's drawings, designed to allow scholars to study the sculpture and glyphic inscriptions in clear, linear drawings, while retaining the sensibility of the PreColumbian Maya artists.
- Maya Human Osteology Bibliography Compiled by Marie Elaine Danforth, Stephen L. Whittington, and Keith P. Jacobi, this bibliography, attempts to present an exhaustive, indexed list of those publications which reference paleodemography, paleopathology, skeletal morphology, and cultural modifications.
- Piedras Negras Online Database a photographic archive of the Piedras Negras Project (1997-2000).
- Schele Drawings Collection Database The Schele Drawing Collection consists of about one thousand drawings of Mesoamerican monuments, buildings, objects, and hieroglyphic texts, with an emphasis on ancient Maya objects from México, Honduras, Guatemala, and Belize.
- Schele Photo Collection a photographic archive from Linda Schele.
- Tikal Digital Access Database During the fifteen years (1956-1970) that the University of Pennsylvania Museum (UPM) carried out archaeological investigations at the ancient Maya city of Tikal, Guatemala, professional photographers and researchers created over 60,000 photographic images. A great many of these images recorded primary data about the Maya past during architectural restoration, excavation, survey, and laboratory work.
- Terminology Database This collection of terms in a searchable data base is the result of more than three decades devoted to the translation and writing of texts on anthropology, archaeology, pre-Hispanic architecture, ethnology, popular arts, pre-Hispanic art, history, historic archaeology, travels and travelers, cultural heritage, preservation, conservation and restoration in Latin America by Alex Lomónaco.
- English/Cho'ltí'/Spanish Dictionary The English/Cho'ltí'/Spanish Dictionary is a compilation derived, in large part, from the Arte y diccionario en lengua Choltí (1695). Though it is not a final version, it serves as a useful tool for those interested in working with the colonial past of the southern Maya lowlands.
- Search All Collections use this form to search all of the above collections, plus two Hieroglyph Dictionaries, Aztlan online papers, and David Bolles: Combined DictionaryConcordance of the Yucatecan Mayan Language.